Thursday, September 20, 2012

Screw your friends

Don't get me wrong; friends are great! They eat lunch with you at food trucks, leave pages of birthday messages on your Facebook wall and mock you when you're standing emptyhanded at a bar. However, they're not always reliable when it comes to advice. Feelings can get hurt when face-to-face honesty's involved, especially regarding outfits, and it takes an especially brave pal to say "We all hate his guts" when asked about your new boyfriend. It could take several years and a messy breakup until the truth comes out and you realize no one was rooting for your long distance relationship to succeed -- hypothetically speaking.  

Why not skip all the heart/headache and ask ME for advice? I'm usually a pretty nice, polite person, but I've turned on the anonymous commenting option. Now that I won't care if I'm offending someone, everyone wins! 

So go ahead; ask me anything and I'll reply with my actual thoughts in the next post. As a bargain exchange for my invaluable wisdom, all I ask is that you donate $5 to 826Boston. If not for me, do it for the children. The chilllldrennnnn.





1 comment:

  1. Juliana, is it wrong/unstylish/horrid to wear yoga pants excessively? Even if you're wearing them purely due to a steadfast commitment to comfort? I've recently started a new, much more professional job, so I've stopped wearing them to work, which I admit has been much more difficult than expected. But I really don't see a problem with wearing them while running errands, lounging around the house, hanging with friends or even going to the occasional yoga class... Will I wear them to a bar or a fancy-ish dinner? God yes, and I'm proud of it (you can dress up yoga pants with great boots and kick-ass jewelry - any fool knows that). So lay the truth on me sister... Am I freakish?

    ReplyDelete