Friday, September 14, 2012

Top 10 Reasons I Will Not Return Your Message on Match.com


Is your dating site inbox looking a little lonely?  Are you winking, poking, and Dougie-ing to no avail? You may need to read the Top 10 Reasons I Will Not Return Your Message on Match.com.

After a glance at your Username

1. Letsmakeout28, hereforbeer, futuredr, talldrkhandsome.
Translation: player, partier, poser, pretty boy.

… I go straight to the Pictures (admit it: you do too)…

2. Your shots were all taken in one evening, in a bathroom, or with your pet.
You don’t go anywhere or have friends, do you.

3. I can’t actually see your face/body clearly.
I’ve never been a fan of mystery meat.

4. You have no pictures up.
“Hi! I’m lazy and enjoy wasting your time!” 

… then I actually read your Profile.

5. Your intro starts with “I’m not sure why I signed up for this...”
Uh, let me know when you figure it out?

6. “I like to travel and have fun.”
You and every other person on the planet.* 

7. You mention you’re tired of the Bar Scene.
Thanks for letting me know you’ve repeatedly gone creeping for dates, AND been unsuccessful.

I get the Message.

8. “Hey sexy/gorgeous/hot stuff/sweetcheeks…”
I’ve spent hours crafting a profile reflecting my inner snowflake, and you want to focus on my appearance? 

9. “you’re pics are really cute, LOL. im hopping to get to know u better.”
Perhaps you are a third-grade dropout. Or the Easter Bunny.

10. “I just got out of an 8-year relationship/haven’t dated in a while/live at home…”
Translation: “Hope you enjoy baggage/awkward advances/sneaking around!”

Did you sail through the list scot-free? Tune in for Top 10 Reasons We Will Not Be Going on a Second Date.

*Hermits and agoraphobics excluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment