Thursday, September 6, 2012

Come in, come in.

Welcome to my Write-a-Thon Blog!

For the past four months it's been my job to recruit writers; specifically ones that have a solid command of grammar and spelling, a keen sense of tone and brand voice, and a passion for sharing their thoughts and expertise.

Content is a huge market these days, and there's a lot of demand for people who know how to communicate effectively and persuasively. One way to ensure that we continue to get strong writers is to encourage them at a young age.


826 Boston get kids excited about reading and writing, which I admire, but the way that they do it is the best part -- they put on costumes, use funny voices, produce videos, dance, sing, get illustrators and authors involved -- there's no idea too offbeat that a volunteer won't willingly run with it if it sounds like a good way to boost participation. Last time I was there I put a platypus on my head.

That kind of enthusiasm is why I'm offering my time to 826 Boston, and why you should help me. I'll be taking suggestions about what to write on this blog from now until the end of the Write-a-Thon on October 11th. Sky's the limit! Use the comments section to suggest that I write limericks, about space cows, in Klingon; tell me to dance, and I'll dance. In return, please pledge here -- even if it's just $6, every bit helps. Couldn't think of a good birthday present for me? Tadaaaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment